Sunday 4 March 2012

Writing as Therapy

I've never been one of those people who could write to sublimate.  Normally when I'm having a bad time in real life, I dry up.  However, over the last week, I've had an exceptionally bad time at work, very stressed, panicky, going-to-the-doctor level depressed, but the only thing that has helped me calm down is writing.  I've amazed myself by writing with a focus I haven't had for months. 

I've subbed two stories this week and I'm three-quarters of the way through re-editing 'Anna the Dissident', a story I've struggled to get a handle on for years.  You have this character and she's quite clear in your mind but can you tie up a short story plot?  Only a few days ago did I realise that her hang-up was being called a 'dissident' and only as I write this am I working out why. 

Oh, and some acceptances would be nice as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment